Autograph Borrani Wire wheel kit for Revell Ferrari 250 GTO 1/12. A friend of mine once said, "... the wheels are the eyes of a car ..." - I can only agree. Since that time I begin a new model always with the wheels. Only when this work is completed, I dedicate myself to the other components, such as the body, engine and interior.
Traditionally these delicate Italian works of art were mounted on all early Ferraris. Only the introduction of light alloy cast wheels in the late 60s ended that era. Today, these outrageously expensive wheels are again produced near Milan and decorate all classic Ferraris. Perhaps more interesting is that in the 50s and 60s, all cars were sent with painted wire wheels into the race - not with chromed ones. Chromed wires were considered vulnerable to breakage because of the chromium which brittles the material. Therefore, they were not allowed in racing.
We have developed the Borrani wire wheels for our Transkits for the Revell GTO. This wheel kit contains all the parts to build 4 complete wheels. The rim and hub are turned from aluminum, the spokes are made of German silver polished, the spoke nipples of nickel plated copper. Specifically, the kit contains the following components:
· 4 CNC machined aluminum wheels, front and rear wheels in various widths
· 4 CNC machined hubs
· CNC-machined centering tool (400 grams heavy, for stability on the bench)
· 1 0.3 mm German silver ring for rear spokes layer
· 1 set straight wires (German silver) 0.3 mm spokes for front layer
· 300 nipples - Tailored for Autograph
· 1 plate with photo-etched parts such as drill templates or knock-off covers with Borrani logo
· 4 wheel nuts with fine thread
· Instructions in color
Attention: This kit does not contain rubber tires – You should use the tires from the Revell model, which are excellent!
The instruction is available, as with all Autograph products for download in .pdf format. To do this, click on the PDF tab above. If you've already taken a look at the blueprints for these wheels, so please do not let that put you off: the assembly of the spoke wheels looks more difficult than it is! Of course it's work, but if you have some experience, I guarantee great fun in assembling! Through our machined centering tool, the photoetched templates and the gradual building instructions you can not go wrong really. And you will be very pleased with yourself when you have your spoked wheels built themselves! You should have the following tools available:
· Mini drill with simple drill stand, small vice
· Standard modelling tools such as tweezers, small pliers, wire cutter ...
ATTENTION: This item is no toy and suited for children below 14 years of age.