Autograph Borrani Wire wheel kit for various models 1/12. A friend of mine once said, "... the wheels are the eyes of a car ..." - I can only agree. Since that time I begin a new model always with the wheels. Only when this work is completed, I dedicate myself to the other components, such as the body, engine and interior.
Traditionally these delicate Italian works of art were mounted on all early Ferraris. Only the introduction of light alloy cast wheels in the late 60s ended that era. Today, these outrageously expensive wheels are again produced near
We have developed the Borrani wire wheels for our Transkits for the Revell GTO. However, the wheels do very well on other models in scale 1/12. Many Italian sports cars were equipped with them. This wire wheel kit contains all the parts to build 4 complete wire wheels plus 4 Dunlop racing tires in rubber with excellent quality and profiling. The rims and hubs are turned from aluminium, spokes are made of polished German silver, the nipples of nickel-plated copper. Specifically, the kit contains the following components:
Contents of the kit
· 4 CNC machined aluminum wheels, front and rear wheels in various widths
· 4 CNC machined hubs
· CNC-machined centering tool (400 grams heavy, for stability on the bench)
· 1 0.3 mm German silver ring for rear spokes layer
· 1 set straight wires (German silver) 0.3 mm spokes for front layer
· 300 Nipples - Tailored for Autograph
· 1 plate with photo-etched parts such as drill templates or knock-off covers with Borrani logo
· 4 wheel nuts with fine thread
· Instruction in color
· 4 DUNLOP Racing tires of different widths for front and rear
· Foam rubber material for reinforcement of rubber tires
The instruction is available, as with all Autograph products for download in .pdf format. To do this, click on the PDF tab above. If you've already taken a look at the blueprints for this wheel, so please do not let that put you off: the assembly of the spoked wheels looks more difficult than it is! Of course it's work, but if you have some experience, I guarantee great fun in assembling! Through our machined centering, the photoetched stencils and the gradual building instructions you can not go wrong really. And you will be very pleased with yourself when you have your spoked wheels built themselves! You should have the following tools available:
· Mini drill with simple drill stand, small vice
· Standard modelling tools such as tweezers, small pliers, wire cutter ...
ATTENTION: This item is no toy and suited for children below 14 years of age.
|Shipping weight:||2,00 Kg|