MFH 1/43 model car kit K783 F1 89 (640) - 1987 Version A: New release (05-2021) from the Japanese company MODEL FACTORY HIRO. Multimaterial kit with superior quality: perfectly produced white metal parts, photo etched parts, Decals, turned and milled parts, fine resin castings and many other components. Detailed engine, graphical instructions in English / Japanese. Kit complete "Made in Japan" - no China-product!
About the F1 89 (640):
In 1987, J. Barnard was tasked with designing a new F1 machine for Ferrari for the following race year. However the new car, 639, was not completed until late into the 1988 season. Along with the weight of Enzo Ferrari`s death in 1988, the 639 was never used in an actual race and instead the F187(/88C) was used for both the 1987 and 1988 season. The 639 would be further upgraded to the F1-89 (640) – the first Formula 1 machine to run on a semi automatic transmission. Equipped with a V12 engine, front suspensions running on torsion bar springs, and sporting a sharp nose and cork bottle body line, it made its debut on the circuit during the 1989 season. The car managed to take the win in its debut race under the hands of N. Mansell, who joined the team in the same year. However due to ongoing troubles with the semi automatic transmission system the car retired from many races. Despite such issues, the F1-89 was able to give fierce competition to its rivals Williams-Renault and the McLaren Honda duo, A.Prost and A.Senna. In the end it was able to take three wins during the 1989 season.
- a full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, turned matal parts, etching, rubber tires and decals allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum turned parts used for wheel rim.
- Pre-printed sponsor logos featured on tires.
- body cowl can be removed, allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion.
K783 - Ver. A : Early Type 1989 Rd. 1 Brazilian GP winner #27 Nigel Mansell / #28 Gerhard Berger
– based on the version used in the debut race in the 1989 season, where N.Mansell took his first victory after just joining the Ferrari team.
– lower engine cowl used unique to the early build of the car.
– features a different front wing flap compared to Ver.B/C.
Attention:this item is no toy and it is not suitable for children below 14 years!