MFH 1/12 model car kit K816 Auto Union Type C (1936): New release (08-2022) from the Japanese company MODEL FACTORY HIRO. Multimedia kit with superior quality: perfectly produced white metal parts, photo etched parts, Decals, turned and milled parts, cast resin castings and many other components. Detailed engine, graphical instructions in English / Japanese. Kit complete "Made in Japan" - no China-product!
About the Auto Union Type C
During the Great Depression that begun in 1929, many companies in Germany merged in order to survive through the devastating economy. One such merge was Auto Union, which was a merger between four automobile manufacturers in 1932. In order to raise familiarity of the company Auto Union decided to enter the 750kg Formula, outsourcing the design of the car to Dr. Ferdinand Porsche, who once served as a automobile designer at Daimler-Benz. The product of Porche's design was the “Auto Union P-Wagen”, which featured an unusual mid-ship engine layout for its time.
Type-A of the P-Wagen was designed for the 1934 season, with Type-B in the following year. In 1936 the entry was the Type-C, which was the accumulation of all the upgrades since the first build while retaining the mid-ship V16 engine design. The Type-C was able to topple the dominating Mercedes W25 and allowed driver Rosemeyer to win the European Championship by winning 3 Grand Prixs in 1936.
- based on the build used during Rd 2 German GP in 1936 where B. Rozemeyer won the championship. The car used by H. Stuck, who took 2nd place in the same race, can also be built.
- the kit is based on an earlier build of the Type-C. A different build was used in the later half of the 1936 season, featuring slits in the nose, ducts on the right side, and differences to the muffler mouth and body shape.
- a full detailed, multi-material kit featuring white metal, resin, etching, turned parts, rubber tires, silk screen decals and various cords allowing for maximum representation of the original vehicle.
- aluminum turned parts used for wheel rim, meter, fuel cap and muffler end.
- front/rear top cowl can be removed, allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion.
This MFH kit is a completely new design, manufactured from August 2022. There is only one version:
K816 - 1/12 scale Full Detail Kit: Auto Union Type C 1936 German GP winner #4 Bernd Rosemeyer
Attention:this item is no toy and it is not suitable for children below 14 years!
|Shipping weight:||3,00 Kg|