MFH 1/12 model car kit K694 Ferrari F189 (640) 1989 Version A: New release (01-2019) from the Japanese company MODEL FACTORY HIRO. Multimedia kit with superior quality: perfectly produced white metal parts, photo etched parts, Decals, turned and milled parts, cast resin castings and many other components. Detailed engine, graphical instructions in English / Japanese. Kit complete "Made in Japan" - no China-product!
About the Ferrari F189 (640):
In 1987, J. Barnard was tasked with designing a new F1 machine for Ferrari for the following race year. However the new car, 639, was not completed until late into the 1988 season. Along with the weight of Enzo Ferrari`s death in 1988, the 639 was never used in an actual race and instead the F187(/88C) was used for both the 1987 and 1988 season. The 639 would be further upgraded to the F1-89(640) – the first Formula 1 machine to run on a semi automatic transmission. Equipped with a V12 engine, front suspensions running on torsion bar springs, and sporting a sharp nose and cork bottle body line, it made it debut on the circuit during the 1989 season. The car managed to take championship in its debut race under the hands of N. Mansell, who joined the team in the same year. However due to ongoing troubles with the semi automatic transmission system the car retired from many races. Despite such issues, the F1-89 was able to give fierce competition to its rivals William-Renault and the McLaren Honda duo, A.Prost and A.Senna. In the end it was able to take three championships during the 1989 season.
K694 – Ver. A: Early type 1989 Rd. 1 Brazilian GP Winner #27 N. Mansell / #28 G. Berger
- Super detailed multi-media kit, incredible engine detail
- Hundreds of high-precision white metal parts
- soft rubber tires with printed manufacturer labels
- Hundreds of photo-etched parts
- Instructions in color (computer graphic, very clear)
- turned aluminium-parts for wheel rims, wheel shafts, lock nuts and rear dampers to achieve realistic finish
- body cowl and nose of car is designed to be removable, allowing full view of the detailed engine and interials after completion
K695 – Ver. B : Late Type 1989 Rd. 10 Hungarian GP Winner #27 N. Mansell / #28 G. Berger
– based on the version used at the Hungarian GP where N.Mansell managed his second win of the season.
– high induction type engine cowl used unique to the late build of the car.
– features different front damper and radiator parts compared to Ver.A., and a unique six flap rear wing compared to Ver.A/C.
K696 – Ver. C : Late Type 1989 Rd. 13 Portuguese GP Winner #28 G. Berger – based on the version used at the Portuguese GP where G.Berger took his first victory of the season.
– features different rear wing compared to Ver.A/B.
Attention:this item is no toy and it is not suitable for children below 14 years!
|Shipping weight:||3,00 Kg|