MFH 1/12 model car kit K649 Porsche 917/30 (1973): New release (03-2018) from the Japanese company MODEL FACTORY HIRO. Multimedia kit with superior quality: perfectly produced white metal parts, photo etched parts, Decals, turned and milled parts, cast resin castings and many other components. Detailed engine, graphical instructions in English / Japanese. Kit complete "Made in Japan" - no China-product!
About the Porsche 917/30:
In the late 1960s, the 917 was one of the entrants for the World Sportscar Championship and Canadian -American Challenge Cup (Can-Am). It was equipped with a 12 cylinder engine along with a horizontal cooling fan, a light frame built from aluminum pipes and a FRP body. The car, starting with the 917H in 1969 and followed by the 917K, performed with incredible success in various races in Europe. In the same time period, other variants of the car (917PA, 917/10 etc) was entered into Can-Am, with one of the variants being the 917/30. Equipped with the turbo charger from the 917/10 and an upgraded engine, the 917/30 engine was capable of running at 1,100bhp. In 1973 Mark Donohue won 6 of 8 races at Can-Am with the 917/30, and managed to win series championship as a result. The car also set a speed record in a closed course speedway, and it’s power and speed gave it the title “the fastest sports car in history” during its time.
· Super-detailed multi-media kit, incredible engine detail
· Hundreds of high-precision white metal parts
· soft rubber tires with printed manufacturer's logos
· Hundreds of photo-etched parts
· Instructions in color (computer graphic, very clear)
· turned aluminium-parts for center locknut and wheel shafts
· rear cowl of car and front bonnet are designed to be removable allowing full view of the detailed engine after completion
This MFH kit is a completely new design, manufactured from 03/2018. There is only one version of this model:
K649 1973 CAN AM Champion #6 Mark Donohue
Attention:this item is no toy and it is not suitable for children below 14 years!
|Shipping weight:||3,00 Kg|