MFH 1/12 model car kit K580 Ferrari D50 (1956) Version A: New release (03-2017) from the Japanese company MODEL FACTORY HIRO. Multimedia kit with superior quality: perfectly produced white metal parts, photo etched parts, Decals, turned and milled parts, cast resin castings and many other components. Detailed engine, graphical instructions in English / Japanese. Kit complete "Made in Japan" - no China-product!
About the D50: The D50 first debuted in 1954 under the Lancia team – with a V8 engine used as a stressted chassis member and fuel tanks set inside the side pontons separate from the body, it sported many innovated designs for its time.
However in 1955, with increasing financial problems and having lost their ace driver A. Ascari in a crash during a testrun , Lancia had no choice but to hand off the D50 and the team’s assets/resources to Ferrari. Ferrari took the D50 and modified the body by combining the side pontons with the main body into one.
With the champion of the previous year, J.M. Fangio, joining the Ferrari team in 1956, Ferrari was able to take many victories with the D50. The D50 also managed to crown Fangio his fourth Driver’s Championship title.
· Version A: Monaco GP 1956 #20 - J.-M. Fangio/E. Cstellotti
· Super-detailed multi-media kit, incredible engine detail
· Hundreds of high-precision white metal parts
· soft rubber tires with pre-printed sponsor markings
· Hundreds of photo-etched parts
· Instructions in color (computer graphic, very clear)
· plated aluminium-parts for wheel rims, dampers, engine funnels, muffler ends, drive shafts and lock nuts
· front and rear cowl of car is designed to be removable allowing full view of the detailed interior after completion
· highly detailed wire wheels
This MFH kit is a completely new design, manufactured from 03/2017. There are four versions:
A - K580, Monaco GP 1956 #20 - J.-M. Fangio/E. Cstellotti
B - K581, French GP 1956 #16 - A. Portago (T-car)
C - K582, German GP 1956 #1 - J.-M. Fangio/P. Collins
D - K583, Italian GP 1956 #22 - J.-M. Fangio/E. Cstellotti, Belgian GP 1956 #20 - A. Pilette
Attention: this item is no toy and it is not suitable for children below 14 years!